MMMMMMMM…YUMMY! Who doesn’t LOVE a warm bowl of comfort food during this cold and dreary season? You have got to try this delicious and healthy Vegan Chickpea Curry Recipe I found By one of my favorites, Kimberly Snyder!
Author: Kimberly Snyder
Serves: 2 large servings
- 1 Tbs. coconut oil
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground coriander
- ½ tsp. Turmeric
- 1 ½ cups coconut milk
- 15-oz. cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed (if buying pre-cooked, please try to source a
- carton vs. a can)
- 2 small red bell peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- ½ cup chopped broccoli
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup spinach
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for serving
- 1 cup germinated brown rice
- In a medium saucepan heat coconut oil. Add ginger, curry powder, cinnamon, coriander, and turmeric and cook for 2 minutes stirring constantly until fragrant.
- Add coconut milk and whisk vigorously to incorporate.
- Add chickpeas, bell peppers, and broccoli and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When ready to serve add spinach and cilantro and toss to incorporate.
- Serve over germinated brown rice.